Innovia Films produces biaxially oriented polypropylene (BOPP) film using a unique ‘bubble’ process. Polypropylene film can also be produced using the stenter (or tenter) method. There are distinct differences in the processes and the finished product.
Features of BOPP Film
- It has a high tensile strength that facilitates high-speed conversion
- It has a high gloss and clarity
- It has good puncture and flex-crack resistance over a wide range of temperatures
- It is a good barrier to water vapour
- It is resistant to oils and greases
- It is not affected by moisture and does not wrinkle or shrink with environmental changes